Natural Disasters and Traumatic Stress
Traumatic stress is an emotional response to a terrible event like an accident, rape or natural disaster. There is a range of emotions that a person may feel immediately after the event. Some feelings may persist over time. While these feelings are normal, some people have difficulty moving on with their lives. Individuals can experience a traumatic event and still go on to live healthy lives and find constructive ways of managing their emotions.
- Managing Traumatic Stress: After the Hurricanes
- The Effects of Trauma
- Tips for Recovering from Disasters and other Traumatic Events
- The Different Kinds of Stress
- Managing Traumatic Stress: Dealing with the Hurricanes
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event